meta data for this page
What's working with Mobian
|3D Acceleration||glx 1.4 / OpenGL 2.1 / GLES 2.0|
|Accelerometer/Compass/Rotation||Works only at low-level (4)|
|Bluetooth||Audio tested and working|
|Calls||Works with exceptions (1)|
|Calls (VoLTE)||Works on some carriers (7)|
|Full Disk Encryption||Works manual steps|
|GPS/GNSS||Works with exceptions (2)|
|LED Indicator||Works for notification|
|MMS||In Beta, needs work (6)|
|Pine Phone Keyboard Case PPKC||Works|
|USB Networking||Works (8)|
|Volume switches||Works (9)|
|WiFi||Works with exceptions (3)|
- GPS/GNSS only works with web apps using GNOME Web. More information in location. (Editors note: Is this still true? I think it works in general now)
- WiFi is not working reliably when there are more than one hotspot on the same SSID. The only known workaround is to reduce this to only one hotspot per SSID.
- Low-level access can be accomplished by using the shell and looking at files in /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device*. The file names give you a sense of what kind of data they provide.
- See https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12491 for upstream discussion. For now, if you recieve a bunch of MMSes and they clog up the SMS,
mmcli -m any --messaging-list-sms
lists all of the SMSs that are clogged, and
mmcli -m any --messaging-delete-sms=(message-id)
deletes specific ones.
- VoLTE works out of the box. You should not need to do anything to make it work. Output of
mmcli -m any --command='AT+QMBNCFG="list"'
response: '+QMBNCFG: "List",0,0,0,"ROW_Generic_3GPP",0x0501081F,201901141 +QMBNCFG: "List",1,0,0,"VoLTE-ATT",0x0501033C,201909271 +QMBNCFG: "List",2,0,0,"hVoLTE-Verizon",0x05010141,201911251 +QMBNCFG: "List",3,0,0,"Sprint-VoLTE",0x05010205,201908141 +QMBNCFG: "List",4,1,1,"Commercial-TMO_VoLTE",0x05010505,201811231 +QMBNCFG: "List",5,0,0,"Telus-Commercial_VoLTE",0x05800C43,201912031 +QMBNCFG: "List",6,0,0,"Commercial-SBM",0x05011C18,201904021 +QMBNCFG: "List",7,0,0,"Commercial-DT",0x05011F1C,201905311 +QMBNCFG: "List",8,0,0,"Reliance_OpnMkt",0x05011B38,201910161 +QMBNCFG: "List",9,0,0,"TF_Germany_VoLTE",0x05010C1B,201909201 +QMBNCFG: "List",10,0,0,"TF_Spain_VoLTE",0x05010CFA,201909261 +QMBNCFG: "List",11,0,0,"Volte_OpenMkt-Commercial-CMCC",0x05012071,201904281 +QMBNCFG: "List",12,0,0,"OpenMkt-Commercial-CT",0x05011322,201911081 +QMBNCFG: "List",13,0,0,"OpenMkt-Commercial-CU",0x05011505,201807052 +QMBNCFG: "List",14,0,0,"Telstra-Commercial_VoLTE",0x0580079E,202006101 +QMBNCFG: "List",15,0,0,"Commercial-KDDI",0x0501071D,202004041 +QMBNCFG: "List",16,0,0,"Commercial-DCM",0x05010D17,202006101 +QMBNCFG: "List",17,0,0,"Commercial-SKT_VoLTE",0x05012724,201907221 +QMBNCFG: "List",18,0,0,"Commercial-KT",0x05012C0D,202005071'
If the last 5 entries are not displayed at your PP, you need to update the EG25 modem firmware, following these instructions https://github.com/Biktorgj/quectel_eg25_recovery. VoLTE improves also audio phone quality in general over 3G.
- https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9016&pid=64038#pid64038 (Note: Putting this in tweaks with a step by step would be good? One editor could not independently get this to work)
- There's no notification of it happening, but if you open up the top bar and press it you will see it change!
The current installer images work only for SD card installs (2022-03-07). The next weekly image should work for both SD and eMMC installs unencrypted. However, this assumes the user has installed Tow-Boot to the phone's SPI flash. Without this, the phone will fail to boot the eMMC.
Full disk encryption works, but requires some manual steps ([edit 18/04/2022: is this still correct? I used the latest weekly installer (10/04/2022), installed Mobian to the eMMC with FDE enabled, and it worked, without either of the steps below]):