meta data for this page
Listen to your favorite podcasts.
Scale to fit:
5 of 5 Points
How to install
Gnome Podcasts is not packaged for Debian yet
- You will need to trust and add Flathub to Flatpak:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- Then install Podcasts:
flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Podcasts
Things to know
- Only way to list podcasts is in alphabetical order, each represented by a large cover image. Scrolling through these images on a PinePhone can be difficult, jumpy, frustrating. Using landscape mode helps a bit.
- Does not appear to be a way to list only podcasts with downloaded episodes, or to only list downloaded episodes.
- Does not appear to be a way within the app to delete episodes once downloaded.
- No way to select multiple episodes for operations like marking as heard.
- No way to filter display of episodes by whether they have been listened to already or not.
- Has no notion of a playlist or queue.