meta data for this page
Table of Contents
Videos (Totem) is the official movie player of the GNOME desktop environment. It features a searchable list of local videos, and DVDs, as well as local network video shares (using UPnP/DLNA) and video highlights from a number of web sites. Limited codec and format playback support vs VLC, Kodi and especially Clapper which does have compiled-in hardware acceleration support to save battery.
Scale to fit
org.gnome.Totem [flatpak] or totem [apt]
- 4 of 5 Points, with scale-to-fit.
- Seems to use libhandy already but buttons are a bit small.
- Feature missing: playing in the background. Currently when locking the screen, playing is paused.
- UI redesign needed:
- display play/pause, previous/next, time bar, sound control at the bottom
- display top right menu button
Flatpak version seems broken currently but apt version works well.
sudo apt update sudo apt install totem
# You will need to trust and add flathub to flatpak flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Totem